My master server is i386, and the slave is amd64.
These are the step to get it working - and have to be done each time you send updates to the slave. So basically this is temporary until I have time to migrate my master to amd64.
- Make sure all opsview apps are not running on either server
- Install ia32libs on the slave
- Upgrade to the latest opsview on the master.
- Upgrade the slave to the latest version.
- At this point your dpkg --configure -a will have failed - do the following
- Edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/opsview-core.postinst and comment out the restart actions at the bottom
- On the slave - go into /usr/local/nagios/bin/
- chmod 700 nd02db; cp nd02db ndo2db.ARCH
- Back on the master run dpkg --configure -a. Just after it finishes copying the tar.gz to the slave - do this on the slave: cp ndo2db.ARCH ndo2db
- Now your master will think it's succeeded finally.
- Go to the slave and aptitude reinstall opsview-core opsview-base opsview-perl.
- Again the dpkg --configure -a will fail. Edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/opsview-core.postinst as before.
- Run dpkg --configure -a on the slave and you should be fine
- Make sure all your services are up and running. Slaves should have opsview and opsview-agent running.